PepsiCo CEO Indra Nooyi talked about corporate responsibility, fighting the obesity problem, and her own background during an interview during the BlogHer 2011 luncheon.
She drew applause in saying that companies should work with governments and concerned individuals in solving big problems, from the financial crisis to the obesity problem.
In a question from an audience member posed through Twitter, Nooyi was asked what qualities a CEO should have.
She gave five Cs:
– Competency – That means the CEO must be a life-long student.
– Courage & confidence – Must have both. If you have competence, must be willing to speak up.
– Communication skills – Oral and written.
– Consistency – CEO can change mind but should have long-term view so change fits into framework.
– Compass – Must have moral compass that includes integrity.
She received a standing ovation.
(Should be noted that PepsiCo is one of the major sponsors for BlogHer.)